America's Magnificent National Parks (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
An epic adventure through remarkable scenery, National Parks and prominent landmarks, crafted to please those with a love of nature and history.
Additional Included Highlights
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy stunning views.
- Cameron: Stop at the Historic Trading Post.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Salt Lake City: View the headquarters for the Mormon religion.
- Jackson: See the town's iconic antler arch.
- Grand Teton National Park: Enjoy views of Jenny Lake.
- Yellowstone National Park: See Old Faithful.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Countryside: Oak Creek Canyon, Grand Canyon's South Rim, Painted Desert.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at the Thunderbird Room while taking in views of the South Rim.
- UCross: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your tour at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Included Quality Dining: 14 Full Breakfasts (FB) and 8 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon: Join a Local Expert for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town's notable residents aboard Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
- National Parks Hotels: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Lake Powell: We guarantee rooms with lake-views, picture-perfect vistas and breathtaking sunsets at Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.
- Zion National Park: Stay in rustic charming lodges, located right inside the National Parks.
- Las Vegas: SlSleek modern decor and the luxurious furnishings make every guest feel like royalty at the ARIA Resort and Casino.
- Salt Lake City: Centrally located downtown with views of the Salt Lake Valley and mountain peaks.
- Grand Tetons: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- Yellowstone: Insight stays at centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross with the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of beautiful canyons you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West.
- Custer: Insight stays centrally located within the State Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Scottsdale: Wander the grounds of this desert oasis, leaving behind your hectic lifestyle to relax and renew.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Zion Canyon: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Yellowstone: Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs, and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection, firearms and natural history.
- UCross: Spend your morning with included horseback riding* in your beautiful surroundings.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from Phoenix Airport and to Denver Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (281) 438-1139 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867275
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Phoenix||Arrive Phoenix and travel to Scottsdale.: Welcome to Arizona. Your airport transfer takes you to your tour hotel in Scottsdale. Enjoy the grounds of this desert oasis. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Welcome Dinner)|
The McCormick Scottsdale.
|Day 2||Grand Canyon||Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.: Head north to the quaint bohemian colony of Sedona, where you can browse the shops and galleries, before travelling on to Grand Canyon National Park. Perhaps take an optional flightseeing tour by helicopter or plane over this natural wonder? Spend the night inside the park, experiencing the peace and quiet once the crowds have departed. During your stay, join a Local Expert for an informative presentation about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner with wine in the Thunderbird Room while taking in the magnificent views. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon South Rim
|Day 3||Lake Powell||Monument Valley and Lake Powell.: Head to the historic Cameron Trading Post, featuring Southwest American Indian arts and crafts. Your journey carries on through the colourful Painted Desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Stop at the Glen Canyon Dam to learn about its impact on the Colorado River before arriving at your lakefront resort. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (lake view rooms), Lake Powell
|Day 4||Lake Powell||Leisurely Lake Powell.: (Relaxed Start) In the morning, choose to enjoy the resort's facilities, or perhaps join an optional float trip down the scenic Colorado River? Later, take an included leisurely cruise through scenic Antelope Canyon with its dramatic, steep, sandstone walls. (Full Breakfast)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (lake view rooms), Lake Powell
|Day 5||Zion National Park||Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.: Head to Bryce Canyon National Park in southern Utah for a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos. Travel through more amazing scenery to the lush cliff-and-canyon landscape of Zion National Park. In the evening, join your Tour Director and newfound friends for a Highlight Dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Zion National Park Lodge.
|Day 6||Las Vegas||Zion to Las Vegas, from Nature to Neon.: Board a private Zion Canyon Shuttle, with live commentary, to experience the scenic highlights of the park, followed by some time to explore on your own. A complete change of scenery awaits you in the afternoon when you arrive in Las Vegas; bright lights, shopping malls and huge themed hotels. (Full Breakfast)|
ARIA Resort and Casino, Las Vegas
|Day 7||Salt Lake City||Salt Lake City.: Travel to Salt Lake City, the most populous city and capital of Utah, also the headquarters of the Mormon faith. (Full Breakfast)|
Hilton Salt Lake City Center.
|Day 8||Jackson and Grand Teton National Park||Jackson and Grand Teton National Park.: As you depart Salt Lake City, see the famous Temple Square and State Capitol Building before travelling north across the Oregon Trail to visit historic Jackson, where arches of elk antlers adorn the central square. Later, continue to Jackson Lake Lodge and the stunning peaks of Grand Teton National Park. (Full Breakfast)|
Jackson Lake Lodge, Jackson/Grand Teton.
|Day 9||Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park.: See the Grand Tetons thrust skyward 6,562 feet (2,000 metres) from the valley floor. Enter Yellowstone, the world's first National Park, known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes, and abundant wildlife. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone
|Day 10||Yellowstone National Park||Geysers and Colourful Mudpots at Yellowstone.: (Relaxed Start) Walk among the geysers and watch them erupt. Spend time with your Tour Director for an informative stroll through Yellowstone's Upper Geyser Basin. There will be plenty of time to see the colourful bubbling mudpots and observe Old Faithful shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) in the air. See wildlife in their natural habitat and hear the roar of the Lower Yellowstone Falls. (Full Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone
|Day 11||Clearmont||The Ranch at UCross.: Depart Yellowstone National Park and travel through the stark Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains, to reach the Wild West town of Cody. Visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, built in honour of one of America's great Western legends. Head to Clearmont in Wyoming and after checking in, indulge in a ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Ranch at UCross
|Day 12||Lead||Devils Tower into the Black Hills.: Start your morning with horseback riding, fishing or just relaxing in your beautiful surroundings. Then, head towards Devils Tower, an astounding geologic feature that protrudes out of the surrounding Black Hills and is considered sacred to the Lakota and other tribes. Travel to Spearfish Canyon, a great spot for wildlife enthusiasts, where the breathtaking limestone palisades of this creek-carved gorge are more ancient than the Grand Canyon. Enjoy the scenery before sitting down to dinner. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Spearfish Canyon Lodge.
|Day 13||Custer State Park||Custer and the Wild, Wild West.: Keep a lookout for pronghorn antelope as you cross the great high plains to the Black Hills of South Dakota. In Deadwood, join Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour and explore this once lawless town. With a Local Expert, hear about the days of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane, who made this town famous during the gold rush of the 1870s. Then, hear stories told by members of the Lakota tribe as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation. Continue on to Custer State Park, renowned for its beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife. Perhaps get up-close and personal with herds of buffalo on an optional jeep safari? (Full Breakfast)|
The State Game Lodge, Custer State Park
|Day 14||Custer State Park||The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota.: View the Crazy Horse Memorial, dedicated to all Native Americans. Move on to Mount Rushmore National Memorial, where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt dominate the Black Hills. The rest of the day is yours to spend at your leisure before enjoying a Celebration Dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The State Game Lodge, Custer State Park
|Day 15||Depart Denver||Depart Denver.: Alternatively, travel south from Custer State Park where your tour ends on arrival in Denver. A transfer is available to Denver International Airport. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. 05 May 2018: This departure will stay at The Lodge at Jackson Hole in Jackson (WY) located outside of Grand Teton National Park. 28 Aug 2018: These departures will stay at The Rushmore Hotel in Rapid City located outside of Custer State Park instead of the State Game Lodge. 29 May 2018: This departure will stay at The Lodge at Jackson Hole in Jackson instead of Jackson Lake Lodge in Grand Teton National Park. 07 July 2018: This departure will stay at the Red Lion Hotel in Salt Lake City instead of at the Hilton Salt Lake City located in Salt Lake City. 12 May, 02 Jun, 16 Jun 2018: These departures will stay at at Springhill Suites Zion National Park in Springdale (UT) located outside of Zion National Park instead of at Zion Lodge in Zion National Park.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class