Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
The lively and glamorous cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles contrast with the serene beauty of the California coast and natural grandeur of Yosemite National Park.
Additional Included Highlights
- San Francisco: See the cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge
- Sonoma: Explore the shops of this Spanish Plaza
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops
- Santa Barbara: Drive down State Street, view the Court House and Stearns Wharf
- Santa Monica: Stroll along the Third Street Promenade
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theater
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Sonoma: Meet a sommelier and enjoy a private tasting at a local Sonoma vineyard.
- Sonoma: Savour a Highlight Dinner in wine country, overlooking Sonoma Plaza.
- Monterey: Dinner with wine is available from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Los Angeles: Share a Celebration Dinner, toasting the end of your tour.
- Included Quality Dining: 8 Full Breakfasts (FB) and 4 Dinner (D) with wine (DW).
- San Francisco: Revisit the 'Summer of Love' with a Local Expert and former hippie at Haight-Ashbury, the iconic district where the hippie counterculture evolved.
- Los Angeles: Join a Local Expert for a behind the scenes tour of a historic downtown theatre.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy a guided tour with a Local Expert of the Santa Monica Pier.
- San Francisco: Timeless yet modern, The Westin St Francis Union Square is directly located on Union Square, with cable cars stopping just outside the doors.
- Sonoma: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa is the ultimate wine country resort, surrounded by lush vineyards and dotted with natural hot springs.
- Yosemite: Stay inside the park at the Yosemite Valley Lodge and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Monterey: Stay at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa centrally located on Cannery Row.
- Santa Barbara: At The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, stay in beautiful mission-style rooms, with views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Los Angeles: Stay at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. situated in downtown LA.
- Hearst Castle Enjoy a guided tour of Hearst Castle, the grandiose estate of William Randolph Hearst.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from San Francisco Airport and to Los Angeles Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (281) 438-1139 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867315
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||San Francisco, the City by the Bay.: Welcome to California. On arrival at San Francisco International Airport, your airport transfer will take you to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to get to know each other, over a pleasant dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin St Francis, San Francisco
|Day 2||San Francisco||Exploring San Francisco.: Spend the morning with your Tour Director taking in the sights of the city, immersed in the bustling activity of Union Square and beautiful Golden Gate Park. The rest of your day is free. (Full Breakfast)|
The Westin St Francis, San Francisco.
|Day 3||Sonoma||Haight-Ashbury and a Taste of Wine Country.: (Relaxed Start) Spend the morning with a former hippie and Local Expert during a Haight-Ashbury walking tour for a flashback to the Flower Power era. Later, enter California wine country, walk through vineyards and enjoy a private tasting. In the evening, you are treated to a Highlight Dinner with wine, overlooking the Sonoma Plaza. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa.
|Day 4||Yosemite National Park||Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.: Travel through California's Gold Country and into the Sierra Nevada Mountains, to Yosemite National Park. Explore the valley floor with its spectacular waterfalls, abundant wildlife and the imposing rock formations of El Capitan and Half Dome. Your hotel is located inside the park and close to North America's highest waterfall. (Full Breakfast)|
Yosemite Valley Lodge.
|Day 5||Monterey||Monterey, the Cradle of History.: Drive down the Sierras and through the fertile San Joaquin Valley. As you arrive in Carmel-by-the-Sea, browse the art galleries and shops on Ocean Avenue, before a relaxing drive across the Monterey Peninsula and along scenic 17-Mile Drive. Pass the famous Pebble Beach Golf Links and multi-million-dollar mansions before arriving in charming Monterey. For your dining pleasure, you have a spectacular selection of local restaurants to choose from during for your Dine-Around Evening with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa.
|Day 6||Santa Barbara||Hearst Castle and the American Riviera.: Head south to La Cuesta Encantada 'The Enchanted Hill', high above the ocean at San Simeon, for a guided tour of Hearst Castle, the grandiose estate of publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst. Continue south to the resort town of Santa Barbara, often billed as the 'American Riviera' check in to your beachfront hotel. (Full Breakfast)|
The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort (Ocean view rooms), Santa Barbara
|Day 7||Los Angeles||Santa Monica and the City of Angels.: Visit the beautiful Mission Santa Barbara and learn about the chain of 21 missions along California's El Camino Real. Then journey along spectacular Santa Monica Bay, passing through glamorous Malibu on your way to Santa Monica. Take a Local Expert led tour of the famous Santa Monica Pier. Continue on to your luxurious hotel at LA LIVE, the city's one-of-a-kind entertainment destination. (Full Breakfast)|
JW Marriott Los Angeles LA LIVE.
|Day 8||Los Angeles||The Glitz and Glam of L.A.: In the morning, experience the glitz and glam of Hollywood with a Local Specialist on a private tour of a historic theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Then join your Tour Director with a sightseeing tour including Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the Hollywood sign and a stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Spend the afternoon on your own exploring the historic LA Farmers Market. In the evening, enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine, toasting your trip with newfound friends. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Los Angeles LA LIVE.
|Day 9||Depart Los Angeles||Depart Los Angeles.: Your California tour comes to an end with a departure transfer to Los Angeles International Airport. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible! 12 Jan 2018: This departure will end at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles. Book ILXWBA3 for applicable Post nights. 9 Feb 2018: This departure will end at the Beverly Hills Marriott in Los Angeles. Book ILXBHA3 for applicable Post nights. 27 Apr, 25 May, 15 Jun, 29 Jun 2018: These departures will end at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles. Book ILXWBA3 for applicable Post nights. 27 Apr, 4 May, 1 June, 8 June, 28 Sep 2018: These departures will stay at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite National Park in Fish Camp located outside of Yosemite National Park.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class