Brochure Type: Europe 2018
Sail the Baltic Sea, crossing rolling tundra and glassy fjords in your search for the midnight sun, all the while enjoying the local culture, history and striking scenery.
Additional Included Highlights
- Enjoy free time to explore the harbour of this fascinating city of design.
- See Alvar Aalto's Town Hall and visit the cathedral. Receive an Arctic Circle Crossing certificate.
- Visit Northern Finland's oldest city. It is also one of the most important harbour cities in all of Northern Europe.
- Visit one of Lapland's oldest churches.
- See the Sami Parliament.
- Stand near the fence of the towering cliffs, drastically rising our of the sea. You will feel as if you are n the edge of the world, and your literally are.
- See the street of historic, 19th century wooden buildings and Norway's oldest octagonal chruch.
- Tell all your friends you travelled through!
- See the Market Square and its statue of Olav Tryggvason, the Nidaros Cathedral, the Tyholt Tower and Old Town Bridge.
- Enjoy time to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site as you wish.
- See the town that hosted the 1994 Winter Olympics.
- See the 12th century stave church.
- Skane Region, Lake Vattern, Lapland, Four Winds' Road, Kafjord, Lyngen Alps, Rago National Park, Laksfoss Falls, Norwegian Fjordland, Dovre Mountains, Rondane National Park.
- Alta: Savour a delicious oven-baked dinner of local seasonal specialities of fresh salmon or the local's favourite, reindeer, served with fresh salads and wine.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 19 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 8 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Alta: Meet Trine Lyrek at her working husky farm. Gain an insight to the challenges Trine and her Alaskan Huskies face when competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races. There's also time to have a play with these gorgeous pups.
- Rovaniemi: Meet Santa Clause when you visit his village where it is Christmas all year round! From his post office, you can make sure that Santa sends Christmas letters to friends and family back home come December.
- Mosjoen: The traditional Fru Haugans Hotel is in a picturesque location. It offers all the comforts of a modern hotel and is characterised by excellent personal service.
- Geiranger: For a scenic location, you won't find better than Hotel Union. Enjoy upgraded rooms set against a fabulous backdrop of breathtaking fjord scenery and mountains.
- Stockholm: The classy Hilton Slussen is conveniently located within walking distance of the historic Old Town.
- Cruising: Enjoy the additional comfort of your high-class, sea-view cabin onboard your overnight cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Helsinki: GLO Hotel Art is a charming hotel, built around a century-old art nouveau castle. It is in the centre of Helsinki surrounded by the vivid Design District.
- Copenhagen: Make the most of the long summer nights at Tivoli Gardens, the famous entertainment park.
- Copenhagen: Explore with your Local Expert. See Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid on the harbour, the Renaissance Stock Exchange, Rosenborg Castle and Amalienborg Palace.
- Copenhagen: With a Local Expert, witness the regal interior of Christiansborg Palace, with its stunning tapestries, furnishings and decor.
- Oresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent fiat of engineering. It's the longest road and rail bridge in Europe, spanning 8 kilometres.
- Cruise: Admire the beautiful views from your high-class, sea-view cabin as your cruise through the largest archipelago in the world, from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Stockholm: Wander through Gamla Stan, the Old Town, with your Local Expert to see the cathedral and the Royal Palace.
- Stockholm: With a Local Expert, step inside the City Hall where the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall is covered by 18 million gilded mosaic tiles. You'll also see the Bla hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held.
- Helsinki: Your Local Expert will show you the sights of the harbour city. Visit the Church in the Rock, admire the interesting Sibelius Monument and see Finlandia Hall before enjoying free time to explore the harbour of this fascinating city of design.
- Kuopio: Admire the spectacular panoramic views from atop Puijo Tower.
- Oulu: Visit Northern Finland's oldest city. It is also one of the most important harbour cities in all of Northern Europe.
- Rovaniemi: See Alvar Aalto's Town Hall and visit the cathedral. You'll even receive an Arctic Circle Crossing certificate.
- Sodankyla: Visit one of Lapland's oldest churches.
- Karasjok: See the Sami Parliament.
- Karasjok: Visit the museum devoted to Sami history and culture, offering a glimpse into the old Sami lifestyle.
- North Cape: Journey to mainland Europe's most northern point to see something that doesn't happen - sunset! Even at midnight, the sun clings to the horizon. This once-in-a-lifetime unique experience is accompanied by champagne and caviar to make it even more special.
- Mosjoen: See the street of historic, 19th century wooden buildings and Norway's oldest octagonal church.
- Hell: Tell all your friends you travelled through!
- Trondheim: During you orientation with your Travel Director, see the Market Square and its statue of Olav Tryggvason, the Nidaros Cathedral, the Tyholt Tower and Old Town Bridge.
- Geiranger: Cruise along the deep, blue waters of majestic Geirangerfjord, surrounded by snow-covered mountains, gushing waterfalls and lush green vegetation.
- Lom: The Lomskyrkja is one of the biggest and most beautiful stave churches in Norway, and dates back to 1158.
- Lillehammer: Explore the town where the 1994 Winter Olympics were held.
- Oslo: Stand beneath the scrolled prows and handcut hulls of 9th century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife and learn about their traditions and culture when you visit the Viking Ship Museum.
- Oslo: Take a moment to contemplate the interesting Vigeland sculptures when you visit Frogner Park.
- Oslo: With your Local Expert, see Akershus Castle, Oslo Harbour and the Royal Palace.
- Scenic Drives: You'll be enamoured by the natural beauty of Scandinavia as you travel through the Skane Region, along Lake Vattern, through Lapland and upon the Four Winds' Road. Pass Kafjord, the Lyngen Alps, the Rago National Park, Laksfoss Falls, through Norwegian Fjordland, past Dovre Mountains, the Rondane National Park and through Pyr Gynt Country.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (281) 438-1139 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14019766
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 21 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen.: On arrival at Copenhagen Airport, your transfer shuttle service will leave for your hotel at 09:00, 12:00 and 15:00. Join your Travel Director at 17:30, for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, followed by a visit to the glittering lights and enchanting atmosphere of the world-famous Tivoli Gardens. (Dinner with Wine)|
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
|Day 3||Copenhagen||Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen.: Start the day by meeting your Local Expert and see Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid, gazing wistfully across the harbour. Follow this with a visit inside the Christiansborg Palace, seat of the Danish Government, to marvel at the opulent interior. See the the Renaissance Stock Exchange, Rosenborg Castle and Amalienborg Palace, home of the royal family. The rest of the day is at leisure to continue exploring as you wish. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
|Day 4||Stockholm||On to Stockholm, City of Islands.: Travel from Denmark to Sweden by crossing the incredible Oresund Bridge. Spanning 16km over the Flinte channel it's the longest road and rail bridge in Europe. Pass through the artificial island of Peberholm which has become a haven for flora and fauna and continue through the Skane region, which gave its name to Scandinavia. Enjoy views of the patchwork of fertile farmlands as you journey along the shores of Lake Vattern to the Swedish capital, Stockholm, which is set on 14 beautiful islands. In the evening, perhaps try the local cuisine served in traditional surroundings? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hilton Stockholm Slussen.
|Day 5||Stockholm||Stockholm and Baltic Sea Cruise.: Join a Local Expert for your visit to the City Hall's marvellous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall, and the Bla hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held. Continue to Gamla Stan, the medieval heart of the city. View the cathedral and walk through the Old Town to see the Royal Palace. With the afternoon at leisure, don't miss the opportunity to visit the Vasa Galleon, a marvellous impression of life on board a 17th century naval vessel. In the evening, board your Baltic cruise to Finland and voyage through the largest archipelago in the world. Enjoy dinner onboard and enjoy the seemingly endless sea views from the comfort of your high-class, sea-view cabin, while the northern sun hangs over the horizon, showing almost no sign of setting in mid-summer. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Helsinki||Fashionable Helsinki.: (Relaxed Start) Helsinki is known as a global trendsetter in design, fashion, stunning architecture and luscious parks. Disembark your Baltic cruise to meet your Local Expert. Visit the astonishing modern Church in the Rock and see the Sibelius Monument and Finlandia Hall. Afterwards, enjoy time to explore on your own. Why not stop for lunch at the colourful market located by the harbour and spend time browsing the vast array of stalls selling local souvenirs, handicrafts as well as fruits, vegetables and world-class pancakes? (Buffet Breakfast)|
GLO Hotel Art
|Day 7||Kuopio||Lakes and Forests to Kuopio.: Finland is a land of beautiful lakes and enchanting forests. Sit back and relax as you take in the spectacular scenery. On arrival in Kuopio, ascend Puijo Tower for a splendid panorama that will reveal why Finland is called the land of a thousand lakes. Adjoining the hotel is the well-revered Grillsson Steakhouse & Bar, known for their homely atmosphere. Sit back and relax as you are treated to a delicious, freshly-prepared, three-course meal offering, quinoa and goat's cheese to start, warming flank steak with Borderlaise sauce for a main and a refreshing lime posset for dessert. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Cumulus Kuopio Hotel.
|Day 8||Rovaniemi||The Road to Rovaniemi.: As you journey towards the Arctic, travel through Lapland, native home to the nomadic Sami people. Visit Oulu, Northern Finland's oldest city. It is also the largest general port in the Bothnian Bay, made up of 3 harbours. Enjoy time to explore the centre of the city that is spread across several islands, connected by pedestrian bridges and cycleways, considered one of the best in Europe. Your travels continue to Rovaniemi, the modern capital of the region. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Santa's Hotel Santa Claus
|Day 9||Rovaniemi and Lapland||Rovaniemi and Lapland.: (Relaxed Start) With your Local Expert, see the Town Hall designed by Aalvar Aalto and visit Rovaniemi Church. Next, a delight for the young at heart! Visit the Santa Claus Village where it is Christmas all year round. Meet Santa, visit the post office and cross the Arctic Circle - you'll receive a certificate to prove you were there! With the afternoon at leisure perhaps you may want to visit the open-air museum and Arktikum? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Santa's Hotel Santa Claus
|Day 10||Ivalo||Across the Arctic Circle to Ivalo.: (Relaxed Start) In the morning enjoy a relaxed start or perhaps join an Optional Experience to visit Ranua Wildlife Park, for the chance to see polar bears, lynxes or even a wolverine. Later, continue your journey north along the Four Winds' Road where you may see herds of reindeer roaming freely as you head for one of the oldest churches in Lapland. Travel through Europe's last great wilderness to see the Urho Kekkonen National Park near the gold centre of Tankavaara. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 11||The North Cape||The North Cape.: Cross the rolling tundra into Norway and stop at Karasjok, the seat of the Sami Parliament and a centre of Sami culture. Visit a Sami folk museum before continuing through the unique scenery on the way to North Cape, locally known as Nordkapp. With only the Svalbard Islands separating you from the North Pole, it literally feels like you are at the end of the world. In the evening, journey to the northernmost point of mainland Europe in search of the midnight sun, where you will enjoy a glass of bubbles and caviar in one of the most special places on Earth. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 12||Alta||Through Finnmark to Alta.: (Relaxed Start) Enjoy a relaxed start or perhaps set out on a sea bird and arctic cruise adventure? This Optional Experience include a cruise around the Gjesvaerstappen, a necklace of islands that's a protected nesting area for millions of Puffins, Kittiwakes, Gannets, Guillemots and White Tailed Eagles. You may even get the chance to spot a Grey Seal or Porpoise. Once returned to the mainland, continue your escorted journey to Alta. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 13||A World of Adventure in Alta||A World of Adventure in Alta.: Enjoy the morning at leisure to explore Alta as you wish. Maybe check out the Rock Art of Alta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site of prehistoric rock carvings, or consider taking a wilderness trip on the river? Later, visit a working Husky farm to meet Trine Lyrek, a champion dog sledder. Learn about her Alaskan Huskies and the challenges she faces competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races. Meet some of Trine's adorable Husky puppies, that may grow to be the best racing dogs in the country, they're very friendly and you'll be able to have a play with these potential champions in the making if you wish. Afterwards, delight in a wonderful oven-baked Highlight Dinner of local seasonal specialities of salmon or the nutritious local game, reindeer, served with fresh salads and wine. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Narvik||Narvik.: Pass Kafjord where the German battleship Tirpitz was once stationed and hear tales of one of the first large-scale battles of World War II. As you travel south, see the marvellous Lyngen Alps in the distance. They're 90 kilometers of mountains and glaciers that really are stunning all year round. Continue to Narvik, surrounded by majestic mountains. With the afternoon free for you to explore on your own, perhaps join an Optional Experience and take in stunning views aboard neighbouring Sweden's iron-ore railway. Pass surrounding fjords as the Ofot Railway clings to the mountainside - constructed over 100 years ago, it's an incredible feat of engineering. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 15||Mosjoen||Across Tysfjord to Mosjoen.: Board a ferry to cross Tysfjord, then continue past Rago National Park, its fjords cut deep into the landscape. Bid farewell to the Arctic before reaching Mosjoen, a pleasant town on the Vefsnfjord that has a large concentration of historic, 19th century wooden buildings and Norway's oldest octagonal church. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Fru Haugans Hotel
|Day 16||Trondheim||Laksfoss Falls to Trondheim.: Drive through Namdalen then watch for salmon leaping upstream as they travel to their spawning-grounds at the mighty Laksfoss Falls. Continue past the village of Hell to Trondheim, once the seat of the ancient Viking kings and Norway's third largest city. Trondheim has always reflected the changing fortunes of Norway and is full of interest. See the Market Square dominated by its statue of Olav Tryggvason and the Nidaros Cathedral, Norway's national shrine. Tyholttarnet, or Tyholt Tower rises high above the city and the Old Town Bridge is locally known as Lykkens Portal, which means Portal of Happiness. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim.
|Day 17||Geiranger||Geiranger, Jewel of the Fjords.: Begin one of the most scenic days you will ever experience. Norwegian Fjordland is a dream world of soaring mountains, icy glaciers and rivers which cascade hundreds of metres into the green valleys below. Cross the Dovre Mountains, as you journey through Dovrefjell National Park. Travel via lakes and snow-capped peaks to Lom, home to one of Norway's most beautiful stave churches. Arrive at the mirror-smooth waters of Geirangerfjord to embark on a spectacular cruise beneath towering cliffs and cascading waterfalls. Your hotel is in a superb setting overlooking the beautiful Norwegian Fjord landscape. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Hotel Union Geiranger.
|Day 18||Geiranger||Geiranger at Leisure.: (Relaxed Start) Enjoy a relaxed start and a whole day free for you to explore the fjords and mountains of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Perhaps join an Optional Experience and take an incredible scenic drive along the amazing Trollstigen, or Troll's Road. The road itself was a masterpiece of engineering when it was built over 70 years ago and the spectacular views will leave you speechless. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Hotel Union Geiranger.
|Day 19||Oslo||Oslo, the Capital.: Journey through the countryside immortalised by Ibsen in 'Peer Gynt' and inspiration for Greig. Continue to Lillehammer, host of the 1994 Winter Olympics. Then it's on to the modern Norwegian capital of Oslo. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Thon Hotel Opera
|Day 20||Oslo||Cosmopolitan Oslo.: Your Local Expert will show you the spires and ramparts of the medieval Akershus Castle guarding the harbour. See the Royal Palace and visit the Viking Ship Museum. Explore Frogner Park, housing the intriguing sculptures by Gustav Vigeland. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax by the harbour or continue exploring as you wish. Round off your travels with a Celebration Dinner. During a delicious meal with wine, raise your glass to toast your adventures with your newfound friends. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Thon Hotel Opera, Oslo.
|Day 21||Oslo||Out of Oslo.: Your departure transfer arrives at Oslo Airport at 07:15 or 10:15. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class