Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef Summer 2019
Brochure Type: Australia and New Zealand DT and SB 2019
Embark on an aerial adventure suspended high above lush canopies, gorges and waterfalls, before you dive the depths of warm Pacific waters to explore an underwater wonderland.
- 3 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (281) 438-1139 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14500105
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 4 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairns||Arrive Cairns (3 Nights): Ease into the laidback vibe of Cairns as you transfer to your hotel (flights anytime) and spend the rest of the day soaking up your coastal surrounds.|
|Day 2||Cairns||Great Barrier Reef: Journey to the Great Barrier Reef and discover its underwater kaleidoscope of vivid colours. A high-speed catamaran takes you to the outer edge of this natural wonder which spans some 35 million hectares, making it the largest reef structure and marine park in the world. View the spectacular coral display and tropical fish that find sanctuary in its midst, from the comfort of an underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft. Or take to the water, donning your mask and flippers for a snorkel to see these marine creatures up close (equipment provided). Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the water before returning to Cairns early evening.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 3||Cairns||Tjapukai - Skyrail - Kuranda Scenic Rail: Discover the secrets of the world's oldest living culture during a visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park set amidst the rainforest. Gain a deeper understanding of the traditions and heritage that are revealed through bush food lessons, didgeridoo demonstrations, movie theatres, fire-making demonstrations and the famous Tjapukai Dance. Then, it's a short distance to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which will take you through the World Heritage rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. There are two rainforest stations where you can enjoy a ranger-guided boardwalk and observe this ancient rainforest from spectacular lookouts. On arrival in Kuranda, there is free time to explore the 'village in the rainforest' and its many attractions, including the Heritage Markets. Afterwards, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for a historic journey through some of the world's oldest rainforest. Passing the spectacular Stoney Creek Falls your journey winds through man-made tunnels and across bridges to arrive at its destination of Freshwater Station. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Depart Cairns||Depart Cairns: Your rainforest and reef encounter at its end, you'll transfer to Cairns Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class