Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Travel to the 'Rose City' of Petra, the highlight on this Jordan trip. But there's more to discover as you learn about Jordanian culture with the Khzoz family, have dinner with a Bedouin tribe and spend a soulful night gazing at the clear night's sky when you stay in Wadi Rum desert.
- Explore Amman with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Greco-Roman city at Jerash, the unique ancient city at Petra and the Crusader Fortress at Shobak and Wadi Rum
- View the Roman amphitheatre and Citadel in Amman, Moses' Promised Land on Mount Nebo and the mosaic map of the Holy Land at Madaba
- 5 breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers will be provided for guests who have provided Trafalgar with their flight details and are staying in an Amman hotel booked by Trafalgar.
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (281) 438-1139 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546998
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amman||Welcome to Amman: Tread in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia, crusading knights and Bedouin tribes, who once crossed the length and breadth of Jordan leaving their mark on its mystical desert landscapes. Our springboard to the spellbinding ancient trading history of Jordan is the white stone city of Amman, which you will have an opportunity to explore at your leisure after being transferred to your hotel from the airport. Meet your fellow travellers this evening for a cocktail reception followed by dinner.|
|Day 2||Jerash||Explore Ancient Jerash: This morning, we embark on a city tour of Amman to see its Citadel, Archaeological Museum, Roman Amphitheatre and Folklore Museum. Our next stop is to Iraq Al Amir where we'll Make Travel Matter at the Iraq al-Amir Women's Association and learn first-hand how they make soap from olive oil and craft greeting cards and note books from recycled paper. Try your hand at making your own before enjoying a lunch prepared by the women. We continue to the ancient city of Jerash, a favourite city of the Roman emperor Hadrian and an important stop on the incense and spice trade route to the Mediterranean. Amble past its soaring Corinthian columns and view its almost intact city walls, before returning to the seven hills of Amman, where tonight we'll Connect With Locals over an exclusive Be My Guest experience with a local family featuring Jordanian favourites for dinner.|
|Day 3||Petra||Onwards to Petra: The enchanting rose-red facades of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, beckon. Your journey continues on the fabled King's Highway to visit Mount Nebo, one of the most revered holy sites of Jordan and the place where Moses is buried. You'll see the Madaba Mosaic Map that covers the floor of the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George in Madaba and ascend to the Crusader Shobak Castle, perched on the side of a mountain. Arriving in Petra later, you'll join a Bedouin tribe for a traditional dinner in their camp, under the clear night sky.|
|Day 4||Petra and Scenic Wadi Rum||Discover Colourful Petra and Scenic Wadi Rum: Imagine silk and spice caravans plying their wares as we Dive Into Culture and enter this mystical trading city through the narrow Siq, flanked by towering cliffs soaring 80 metres high. Emerging from the path, the stone facade of the Treasury with its ornate decoration looms ahead - the first of many wonders to be explored. Leaving this ancient wonder behind, you'll trek through the timeless landscapes of the Wadi Rum desert, once described by T.E. Lawrence as 'vast, echoing and god-like'. Check into your luxury accommodation in Bedouin tents and soak up the endless desert landscapes. Watch a breath-taking sunset lighting up the surrounding sandstone mountains in brilliant golden hues, then gaze up as the day turns to night and the star-studded sky takes centre stage for the rest of the evening.|
Mazayen Rum Camp
|Day 5||Amman||Journey to Amman: This morning, we embark on a jeep tour through the desert watching the landscape rise almost 2,000 metres from the desert floor, amidst which you'll find canyons, waterholes and rock paintings that span millennia. Return to Amman for your final night in Jordan, enjoying a Farewell Dinner with your travel companions. As the sun sets on this magical city, listen to the mystical call of the muezzin and reminisce over an enchanting trip into antiquity.|
|Day 6||Jordan||Farewell Jordan: This morning, we bid farewell to this extraordinary land. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Special Rate Solo Rooming: Departures 1 July and 12 August 2021 will include 20 - 100% discount on our standard single supplement. Please see trafalgar.com for pricing.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class