Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2023
The legends of Billy the Kid and Butch Cassidy are never far as you awaken your inner cowboy. Visiting Lake Powell, Monument Valley's mesas, a scenic drive through Oak Creek Canyon, the eerie spires of Bryce Canyon, and the historic Grand Canyon Railway on this National Parks tour.
- Explore the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley with a Local Specialist
- Visit Sedona, Grand Canyon National Park, Historic Cameron Trading Post, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park
- Scenic Drive in Red Rock Country by jeep or Red Rock Magic Trolley, drive through Oak Creek Canyon, Desert View Drive in Arizona and Mount Carmel Highway
- Iconic Train journey aboard the historic Grand Canyon Railway
- Williams: No doubt Williams, Arizona has both a Route 66 and Old West Town. And Wild West Junction screams Old West! California transplants Dan and Judy Curns host a special Be My Guest dinner. The married couple will provide some entertaining history on Williams Wild Wild West past.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Explore Grand Canyon Railway and view Kaibab National Forest on your way to The Grand Canyon.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Arrive at one of the seven natural wonders of the world and the second most visited national park in the United States, the Grand Canyon. Encompassing 278 miles (447 km) of the Colorado River and adjacent uplands, Grand Canyon is one of the most spectacular examples of erosion anywhere in the world and offers unmatched vistas along its rim.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Embark on a private nature walk and enjoy a presentation from a geological expert on the Grand Canyon.
- Monument Valley: Make Travel Matter on a journey through the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles to explore the valley with your Navajo guide.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (281) 438-1139 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17113206
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2023
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Scottsdale||Enjoy A Scenic Ride To Scottsdale: Howdy folks! Saddle up for a ride from Phoenix to Scottsdale, spending the afternoon at leisure before your journey kicks off with an evening shindig to meet your new travel partners.|
Sonesta Suites Scottsdale Gainey Ranch
|Day 2||Roam Red Rock Country||Roam Red Rock Country Connect with Locals: Your trek through America's frontier history begins in the Sonoran Desert. Stampede through the luminous orange and red landscapes of Sedona for Your Choice Sightseeing. Then, it's on through Oak Creek Canyon to the historic railroad town of Williams, where we'll Connect With Locals and enjoy a Be My Guest experience dinner hosted by the owners of local western restaurants.|
Grand Canyon Railway
|Day 3||All Aboard The Old West Train Family Fun||All Aboard The Old West Train Family Fun: Cut dirt and board your train to the Grand Canyon for some Family Fun, passing the vanilla-scented Ponderosa Pines and through the Kaibab National Forest. Tales of Old West legends are brought back to life as they travel with you along the rugged landscapes. We arrive at the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Walk the rim and learn from a Local Specialist how this extraordinary feat of nature developed over the past 40 million years.|
National Park Lodges
|Day 4||The Vast Monument Valley||Explore The Vast Monument Valley Make Travel Matter: Start your historic passage to Navajo country with a mesmerizing sunrise over the Grand Canyon. Trace the Desert View Drive route toward Cameron Trading Post in search of traditional Native American crafts and the taste of traditional fry bread. We join our Local Specialist for a drive in an open-air vehicle, bouncing past the imposing mesas and buttes rising up from Monument Valley's red valley floor toward a lakeside resort tucked into the red rock at the scenic family holiday hotspot of Lake Powell.|
Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas
|Day 5||Relax And Drift On Lake Powell||Relax And Drift On Lake Powell: Even cowboys need a day off now and then, but if you're at a loose end, choose to take an optional float down the Colorado River, visit the "Top of the World" with Papillion, or spend the day learning how to wakeboard, kayak or zip around Lake Powell on a ski tube.|
Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas
|Day 6||Journey To Zion National Park||Journey To Zion National Park: Polish those chaps for a ride toward Zion Canyon, tracing yet another great natural triumph by park shuttle or on foot. Bundle up your brood for a quick hike to the Emerald Pools - the lush landscape a veritable oasis for pioneers traversing the desert just days before. Drive the scenic Mount Carmel Highway admiring the sweeping views of waterfalls and slick rocks, watching out for more spectacular formations like the Great Arch of Zion and the distinctive Checkerboard Mesa. The red-orange-pink hued hoodoos of Bryce Canyon are your final stop for today.|
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
|Day 7||Bryce Canyon||Get Immersed In Colorful Bryce Canyon: Take your seat in an amphitheater of tall sandstone spires-the same vantage point the Paiute people used to admire the colorful carvings of Mother Nature by day, by night, winter and summer centuries ago. Explore the rim of Bryce Canyon, before spending the afternoon at leisure to blaze your own trail. Our adventure through the Old West almost at its end, we get gussied up for a Farewell dinner.|
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
|Day 8||To The Old West||Farewell To The Old West: Hoodoos to our back and high-living ahead, we depart on the last leg of our journey to Las Vegas, through the scenic Virgin River Gorge. Make your way to Las Vegas International Airport, or your hotel if you're extending your stay. Y'all come back now, y'hear?|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class